COVID-19: How We Are Supporting Prospective Students
We are now accepting transcripts electronically.
- School-issued electronic transcripts: If your school issues official transcripts electronically, please have them send your encrypted transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unofficial transcripts: We will continue to accept unofficial transcripts if you are unable to submit your official transcripts at this time. Order your unofficial transcripts to be sent to your home, and scan them or take a photo to send to email@example.com. We will still need your official transcripts once you matriculate.
Letter of Recommendation
Career Goals Statement
- Rationale: Identify significant factors that influenced your decision to pursue a master of social work (MSW) degree and how you intend to use it in the future. (1-2 paragraphs)
- Social Work Values and Ethics: Describe your understanding of the social work profession and its core values. Compare your own values with the professional social work values, any potential value based or ethical conflicts you might experience and how you plan to address or reconcile these conflicts (whether it be in the classroom, in field, in future practice or in any other areas). (1 page)
- Personal and Professional Attributes and Liabilities: Describe any cultural, economic or social challenges and/or opportunities that have provided you with a unique perspective about social work issues. What insights did you gain from these experiences about how to maintain professional judgment and performance during times of distress? (1 page)
- Employment and Volunteer History: Discuss the relationship between your educational, employment and volunteer experiences and what qualities equip you for the social work profession. Describe your experiences and feelings about working with populations different from your own. (1 page)
- Optional: Please address any special academic or other considerations that you would like GSSW to consider in the review of your application.
- a University of Denver alumnus/a
- a current or former member of the U.S. military
Additional Standards for Non-Native English Speakers
- Minimum TOEFL Score (Internet-based test): 95
- Minimum TOEFL Score (Paper-based test): 587
- Minimum IELTS Score: 7
- Minimum C1 Advanced Score: 185