The traditional MSW@Denver program requires 90 total credits for graduation at a current cost of $947 per credit hour. The advanced standing MSW@Denver program requires 60 total credits for graduation at a current cost of $947 per credit hour. There is also a $4 technology fee per credit.

Program Credits Cost Per Credit Total Program Cost
Traditional MSW 90 $947 $85,230
Advanced Standing MSW 60 $947 $56,820


Financing Your Degree

A professional social work education requires a financial investment. When evaluating how to pay for your master’s degree, consider a number of resources available to you, including tuition assistance from your employer, external scholarships and student loan programs. 

Learn more about available student loans:

Students can also explore outside scholarships by working with a local reference librarian.

Applying for Federal Student Aid

In order to apply for federal student aid, including student loans, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The University of Denver’s school code is 001371. Remember that you should complete the FAFSA each academic year in order to remain eligible for federal student aid. 

Here are the steps for applying for financial aid: 

  1. Apply for admission to the University of Denver.
    We cannot process your financial aid application until you are officially admitted to the University.
  1. Create your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID.
    You will use this ID every year you apply for financial aid and to complete Master Promissory Notes for federal student loans. 
  1. Complete the FAFSA.
    The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for federal student aid and must be completed each academic year in order to remain eligible. 

Eligibility and Policies

To be eligible for financial aid, you must meet the following requirements:

  • All federal financial aid funds for graduate students are only available to students enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
  • Students must remain enrolled at least half-time (4 credits) during the quarter to receive federal student aid.
  • The requirements for private scholarships will vary depending on the funding source. Some awards have a minimum GPA requirement. Contact your funding source directly for information on specific policies.

Additional Financial Aid Information

For additional information on financial aid from the University of Denver, visit the Graduate Financial Aid page.

Request information to learn more about MSW@Denver or contact Admission at 855-219-5995.