The MSW@Denver program requires 90 total credits for graduation at a current cost of $911 per credit hour. There is also a $4 technology fee per credit.
|Credits||Cost Per Credit||Total Program Cost|
Financing Your Degree
A professional social work education requires a financial investment. When evaluating how to pay for your master’s degree, consider a number of resources available to you, including tuition assistance from your employer, external scholarships and student loan programs.
Learn more about available student loans:
Students can also explore outside scholarships by working with a local reference librarian.
Applying for Federal Student Aid
In order to apply for federal student aid, including student loans, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The University of Denver’s school code is 001371. Remember that you should complete the FAFSA each academic year in order to remain eligible for federal student aid.
Here are the steps for applying for financial aid:
- Apply for admission to the University of Denver.
We cannot process your financial aid application until you are officially admitted to the University.
- Create your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID.
You will use this ID every year you apply for financial aid and to complete Master Promissory Notes for federal student loans.
- Complete the FAFSA.
The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for federal aid.
Eligibility and Policies
To be eligible for financial aid, you must meet the following requirements:
- All federal financial aid funds for graduate students are only available to students enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
- Students must remain enrolled at least half-time (4 credits) during the quarter to receive federal student aid.
- Students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress to receive federal aid.
- The requirements for private scholarships will vary depending on the funding source. Some awards have a minimum GPA requirement. Contact your funding source directly for information on specific policies.
Additional Financial Aid Information
For additional information on financial aid from the University of Denver, visit the Graduate Financial Aid page.